Well 2012 is now past and we are all moving forward into 2013 with our goals and expectations held out in front of us. CJUs focus is always on growing medical business and helping to deliver best outcomes. One of the major changes we have seen over the past 12 months has been the extreme growth of CJU/ICONs Digital Marketing team.
This has been due to a number of our clients wanting to deliver relevant and important information and education to the general public as well as to the medical industry. Some other changes we noticed in 2012 were:
- Big changes from the GP divisions and their merge to the larger medicare locals. Much greater emphasis from the medicare locals on information and education.
- Great impacts on current treatment modalities with the advances of stem cell therapy
- Movement away from established medical hubs and re-location or duplication of services by high calibre surgical and allied health services to outer metro and regional areas to meet user expectations.
- Development of holistic service care models from different surgical specialty groups
- Push through from all areas of the medical industry on the importance of raising awareness of services and options to the general community as well as the medical community
Interesting medical facts/statistics we learned:
- By 2025 70% of the population will be obese
- By 2030 the demand for primary total knee arthroplasties isprojected to grow by 673%
- If you drink 2 glasses of wine per day, you could have an alcoholic fatty liver
- There is now a “virtual colonoscopy” available.